PROGRAM IS NOW CLOSED
||Youth Employment Services, with funding from Service Canada is launching its subsidized internship program.
This program aims to give valuable work experience through an internship. The purpose of the internship is for interns to gain valuable work experience in their field of study and to assist young English speaking Quebecers integration into the workforce. Through on the job training, participants will be able to supplement their theoretical knowledge with practical skills, to help ensure their successful integration into the job market.
Duration of the Internship: Up to 26 weeks
• Applicants must be a maximum of 30 years of age at the time of selection
• Must possess a post-secondary degree (AEC, DEP, CEGEP, University)
• Have less than 6 months experience in their field of study
• Be available for full time employment, and be currently unemployed
• Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or granted refugee status in Canada
• Cannot be in receipt of employment insurance benefits
• Must be available to participate in professional development workshops
• Are not eligible if you have previously participated in an internship program sponsored though the federal government's Youth Employment Strategy
You can view the available YES Internship postings by clicking here.
Please note that in regards to our job postings that fall under our current Internship Program, only those jobs postings that have "YES PAID Internship" indicated, are jobs that are available through our Internship Program. All other jobs must be applied for using the contact information listed in the job posting.
• All positions must add to the value of the organization and be career related
• Internships must be related to the interns field of study and contribute directly to their professional development
• Positions can not be a result of a layoff, maternity or sick leave
• Candidate cannot be a current or previous employee of the organization
• Employers may be required to pass a credit check prior to intern placement
|APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS
Potential employers and candidates are required to complete an application form and provide additional documentation as required in order to establish eligibility. Once an appropriate match is made by our Internship Coordinator, you will be notified. Selection will be based on several criteria including the needs of both the employer and the intern.
• Interested candidates must submit a letter of intent and résumé and complete the Internship application available on this website. Click here to download the application form.
• Interested Employers must send in a detailed job description and complete the Employer application available on this website. Click here to download the appropriate application form.
• Potential employers and candidates may be required provide additional documentation as required in order to establish eligibility.
• Selection will be based on several criteria including Service Canada criterion and both employer and intern needs.
Candidate and company applications will be processed on a first come-first served basis.
If you have any questions please contact us at: 514-878-9788 or by email at email@example.com
|TESTIMONIALS FROM PAST INTERNS
|Here are just a few of the dozens of success stories from previous participants in YES' Internship Program:
“…I really enjoyed going to the monthly conferences/meetings with other YES interns. I would recommend this program to anybody who is willing to improve and move one step forward in their careers!”
Terramont Real Estate Services Inc.
“The YES internship program provided me with a fantastic opportunity right out of school. I was able to begin working in my chosen field, and had the benefit of meeting other interns who were going through similar experiences and were in similar phases in their lives. I learned many skills both in the workplace, and in the workshops, which ultimately led me to a full time position! I was able to use the knowledge and skills I already possessed, but also learned about different, but relevant, fields as well. It was such a positive experience and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who has just finished school and is taking their first step into the professional world!”
“The opportunity that YES gave me by being able to intern at Contactivity has been invaluable. I have learnt so much being here and have come to have a better understanding of what it is that I want to do in life… This has been an amazing learning experience for me both professionally and personally, and I wouldn’t change it for the world.”
“…The workshops were extremely well organized and helpful for many reasons. For one, it was nice to see that some of my peers were at the same point in their career as I was. Since we were all starting a new job it was extremely helpful to have us all together to brainstorm ideas off one another…”
|TESTIMONIALS FROM PREVIOUS EMPLOYERS
|If you are an employer who is interested in giving back to the community, this program is for you. Here's what some past employers had to say about YES' Internship Program:
|“…With the salary subsidy made possible through HRSDC, we were able to hire a 25-year old university graduate to make everyone’s life a bit easier. We thought of this hire as a chance to have “an extra body” around the place – someone to help fill in the many gaps in our coverage. What we hadn’t bargained on getting was a bright, articulate young person who proved herself to be an excellent team player, full of ideas and with excellent problem-solving skills. .. Versatility, a good general knowledge base, and sound reasoning ability were all part of the package deal. And added to that was the youthful enthusiasm and bright-eyed curiosity which delighted all our members and reminded us all of what it was like to be young… We feel the experience was a win-win situation.”
“After participating in the YES internship program for the first time, I was impressed by what the program has to offer many businesses as well as the interns. It’s a great tool for hiring new staff. YES provides many useful programs to facilitate the employee to integrate & to improve his/her skills in the workplace, but it also gives the employer some time to properly train the employee knowing their company will be compensated for a portion of the salary. It certainly encourages businesses and organizations to hire young and less experienced staff to gain experience so they may grow within the employment community…”
Terramont Real Estate Services Inc.