This web site (this "Site") is provided by YES (Youth Employment Services) conditional on your acceptance of the terms and conditions of use set forth below (the "Terms and Conditions"). By accessing, using or downloading messages, information, data, text, software, images or other materials from this Site (the "Content"), or by sending messages, information, data, text, software, images or other materials to this Site ("Materials"), you agree on your own behalf and on behalf of any entity on whose behalf you may act to accept and abide by these Terms and Conditions for each use and each visit of this Site. If you do not agree to abide by these Terms and Conditions, you should not use this Site or download or use Content from it. These Terms and Conditions apply exclusively to your access to and use of this Site and do not alter the terms or conditions of any other agreement you may have with YES. In case of inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other agreement you may have with YES, the other agreement shall prevail, but only to the extent of the inconsistency.
YES has the right, in its sole discretion, to add to, remove, modify or otherwise change any part of these Terms and Conditions in whole or in part, at any time. Changes will be effective when notice of such change is posted at this Site. Please check these Terms and Conditions frequently for updates by checking the date of "Last Update" at the top of this document. If any change is not acceptable to you, you must discontinue your use of this Site immediately. Your continued use of this Site or downloading or use of Content from it after any such changes are posted will constitute acceptance of those changes.
YES may terminate, change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of this Site, including (i) changing the availability of any features at any time without notice or liability; (ii) changing any fees or charges for use of the Site, including instituting new or increased fees or charges for the use of the Site or any other Site-related services (the "Services") or any features thereof; (iii) removing, adding, modifying or otherwise changing any Content on or from this Site; or (iv) imposing limits on certain features and Services or restricting your access to parts or all of this Site without notice or liability for any reason whatsoever. YES reserves the right but not the duty, in its sole discretion, to correct any errors or omissions in any portion of this Site at any time without notice.
3. Permitted and Prohibited Uses
3. Permitted and Prohibited Uses
The Site may be used only for lawful purposes by persons seeking information about YES and /or employment, entrepreneurial, artistic and career information. You agree to use the Site only to send Materials and receive Content that is proper and related to the purpose of the Site.
Subject to these Terms and Conditions, YES grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited right to access, use and view this Site and the Content thereon, solely for your own personal or internal company use, provided, however, that you may not, nor may you allow others to, directly or indirectly: (i) remove, from any copy of the Content downloaded, the copyright or other proprietary notices contained in the Content; (ii) sell, reproduce, modify or attempt to modify the Content in any way or reproduce or publicly display, perform, or distribute or otherwise use them for any public or commercial purpose, including without limitation use of the Content on any other web site; (iii) transfer the Content to any other person without the written consent of YES; (iv) print or copy any of the HTML or other computer programs that are accessible at this Site; (v) use this Site in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair this Site; (vi) interfere with the security of, or otherwise abuse, this Site or any services, system resources, accounts, servers or networks connected to or accessible through this Site or affiliated or linked sites; (vii) disrupt or interfere with any other person's use or enjoyment of this Site or affiliated or linked sites; (viii) upload, post or otherwise transmit on this Site any Materials that would negatively affect the functioning of the Site, including without limitation computer viruses, Trojan horses, worms or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files or computer programs or that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on this Site's infrastructure; (ix) use any robot, spider or other automatic program or device, or manual process to monitor, copy, summarize, or otherwise extract information from this site or the Content in whole or in part.
Limited License and Copyright. This Site, including all Content, is protected by Canadian and worldwide copyright laws and treaty provisions. You agree to comply with all copyright laws worldwide in your use of this Site and to prevent any unauthorized copying of the Content. Except as expressly provided herein, YES does not grant any express or implied right or license to you under any intellectual property right, including under any patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret, or confidential information, of YES.
Trademarks. The names, company names and logos used on this Site may be trademarks of YES, including include the “YES” logo,” Jump start your business”, “Tune into Yes:” ““Business Skills for Creative Souls” Such names, company names and logos of YES may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written consent of YES. Other services and company names mentioned on this Site may be the trademarks of their respective owners
Certain links on this Site may take you to other web sites. YES provides these links only as a convenience. These linked sites are not necessarily under the control of YES. If you use these sites, you will leave this Site. If you decide to visit any linked site, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against viruses and other destructive elements.
YES is not responsible for the contents of any such linked page or any other page not under its control. YES makes no representation or warranty regarding, and does not endorse, any linked web sites, the information appearing thereon or any of the products or services described. Links do not imply that YES sponsors, endorses, is affiliated or associated with, or is legally authorized to use any trademark, trade name, logo or copyright symbol displayed in or accessible through the links, or that any linked site is authorized to use any trademark, trade name, logo or copyright symbol of YES.
YES welcomes links to its Internet web home page. If you want to link to this Site, you may do so, provided you agree to the link conditions (the "Link Conditions") described below. By establishing a link to this Site, you will be deemed to have agreed to these Link Conditions:
- A link may be established to the following home page (the "Home Page") of this Site: http://www.yesmontreal.ca. Links may not be established to any other pages on this Site without YES ' written permission.
- If you link to this Site, YES grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, royalty-free license to use the YES trademark(s) and Internet icons, if available, (the "Licensed Marks") solely for the purpose of serving as a link from your web site to this Site. Except for the limited license to use the Licensed Marks granted in this paragraph, you may not use any of YES' trademarks or service marks (the "Marks") for any reason without YES' prior written permission.
- You acknowledge that all rights to the Marks, the content appearing on the YES Website pages (the "Web Pages") and the "look and feel" of the Web Pages belong to YES. You will not at any time directly or indirectly contest or infringe these rights.
- If you link to this Site, your web site:
- may not create frames around any part of this Site or use other techniques that alter the visual presentation of this Site;
- may not imply that YES is endorsing you or your products or services.
- may not imply an affiliation between your company and YES without the prior written consent of YES;
- may not misrepresent your relationship with YES or present false or misleading impressions about YES' Services; and
- may not contain materials that may be interpreted as distasteful or offensive and should be appropriate for all age groups;
- YES shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your web site;
- YES may at any time, in its sole discretion, immediately terminate your license to use the Licensed Marks and your right to link to this Site, with or without cause. If YES exercises this right, you will immediately remove all links to this Site and cease using the Licensed Marks;
YES may amend these Link Conditions at any time. You agree to abide by these Link Conditions and other legal terms and conditions on this Site, as amended from time to time.
You acknowledge that any use of or reliance on this Site or any Content shall be at your sole risk. YES makes no representation or warranty of any kind regarding the Site and/or the Content, including with respect to the information provided by third party legal and other consultants, all of which are provided on an "AS IS" basis. YES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, MERCHANTABLE QUALITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND THOSE ARISING BY STATUTE OR OTHERWISE IN LAW OR FROM A COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. YES DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THIS SITE WILL CONTINUE TO OPERATE, OPERATE WITHOUT INTERRUPTIONS OR THAT IT WILL BE ERROR-FREE.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the information provided on this Site is for general informational purposes only. Information provided on the Site with a by-line, identification of publication source, or any other sort of third-party identifier, including on line resources for artists, Links, contact Information and other resources for other organizations , for entrepreneurs, is provided by third parties on an "As Is" basis, and YES does not review it. YES and its third party consultants and or advisors do not warrant or guarantee the truth, accuracy or completeness of this information. No lawyer-client, advisory, fiduciary or other relationship is created by accessing or otherwise using this Site. It is not intended to be legal advice of any kind. No one should act, or refrain from acting, based solely upon this or other general information without first seeking appropriate legal or other professional advice.
This Site acts as a venue, among other things, for Recruiters and Employers to post job opportunities.
YES does make an effort to screen and censor the listings offered. However, YES has no control over the quality, safety or legality of the jobs, the truth or accuracy of the listings, the ability of Recruiters or Employers to offer job opportunities to Clients or the ability of Clients to fill job openings. In addition, there may be risks, including but not limited to risk of physical harm of dealing with strangers, foreign nationals, underage persons or people acting under false pretences. You assume all risks associated with dealing with other users with whom you come in contact through the Site.
Because user authentication on the Internet is difficult, YES cannot and does not confirm that each user is who they claim to be. Because we do not and cannot be involved in user-to-user dealings or control the behaviour of participants on this Site, in the event that you have a dispute with one or more users, you release YES (and our agents and employees) from all claims, demands and damages of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes
YES is under no legal obligation to, and generally does not, control the Materials provided by other users which is made available through the Site. By its very nature, other people's information may be offensive, harmful or inaccurate, and in some cases will be mislabelled or deceptively labelled. YES does not guarantee, and makes no representations or warranties as to the truthfulness, accuracy, reliability, currency, veracity or completeness of the Content or about the results to be obtained using the Content. The use of the Site and the Content is at your own risk. Changes are periodically made to the Site and may be made at any time.
This Site contains materials, data and information which is provided, posted or offered by third parties, including third party provided content, advertisements and user content. You agree that YES shall have no liability whatsoever for any such third party material, data or information.
You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for the form, content and accuracy of any posting or other Materials placed by you, as applicable on the Site.
YES shall not be responsible for any employment decisions, for whatever reason made, by any entity posting jobs on the Site.
YOU AGREE THAT YES AND ANY THIRD PARTY MENTIONED ON THIS SITE WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR OTHER DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DAMAGES FOR HARM TO BUSINESS, LOSS OF INFORMATION OR PROGRAMS OR DATA, LOSS OF PROFIT, LOSS OF SAVINGS, LOSS OF REVENUE), ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF OR ACCESS TO, OR THE INABILITY TO USE OR ACCESS, THIS SITE, THE MATERIALS, ANY CONTENT PROVIDED OR ANY LINKED WEBSITE OF A THIRD PARTY, EVEN IF YES, OR SUCH A THIRD PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE OR LOSS. In any event, you agree that YES' aggregate liability for damages shall be limited to $100.
The limitations of liability and disclaimers in these Terms and Conditions apply regardless of the form of action, whether in contract, warranty, civil liability, delict, quasi-delict, strict liability, negligence, or other tort and shall survive a fundamental breach or breaches, or the failure of the essential purpose of contract or the failure of an exclusive remedy.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless each of YES, its affiliates, and each of their officers, directors, employees and agents, including all third parties mentioned at the Site, from and against any and all claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, alleging or resulting from your use of the Site and the Content or your breach of these Terms and Conditions.
This Site is controlled, operated and administered by YES from its offices in Quebec. YES makes no representation or warranty that materials at this Site are appropriate or available for use at any locations outside Quebec. If you access this Site from outside Quebec, you are responsible for compliance with all local law. You may not export any of the Content accessible through this Site in violation of applicable export laws and regulations. These Terms and Conditions shall be interpreted, construed and governed by the laws in force in the Province of Quebec, without reference to its conflict of laws principles, except where prohibited by mandatory provisions of the laws applicable in your jurisdiction. Except in respect of any matter relating to the enforcement of intellectual property rights and protection of confidential information, the parties agree that any action, suit or proceeding arising out of or related to these Terms and Conditions shall be commenced in Montreal or, if no jurisdiction exists, in the Province of Quebec. Each party hereby agrees to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of Quebec and to waive any objections based upon venue in any such action, suit or proceeding. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods does not apply to these Terms and Conditions.
Any and all disputes arising out of these Terms and Conditions, its performance, breach, enforcement, existence or validity, including any failure of the parties to reach agreement with respect to matters provided for in these Terms and Conditions and all matters of dispute relating to the rights and obligations of the parties, which cannot be amicably resolved, even if only one of the parties declares that there is a difference, will be referred to and finally settled by private and confidential binding arbitration before a single arbitrator held in Montreal, Quebec in English and governed by Quebec law pursuant to the Arbitration Act, 1991 (Quebec), as amended, replaced or re-enacted from time to time. The arbitrator shall be a person who is legally trained and who has experience in the information technology field in Canada and is independent of either party.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, each party may pursue the protection intellectual property rights and confidential information through injunctive or other equitable relief through the courts.
- Protection of Personal Information
- What Information Do We Collect
- Use of Information by YES
- Retention of Information
- Your Consent
- Disclosure of Information
- Access and Accuracy and Update of Personal Information
- Co-Branded and Other Associated sites
- Contact Us
1. Protection of Personal Information
YES does not collect, use or disclose your personal information without your consent except where required or allowed by law.
2. What Information Do We Collect
- YES requests certain information from you if you elect to register as a user of this site and if you register for a Conference (“Registration Information”). Registration Information includes your full name, email address and postal code.
- At times, we may ask you to provide us with general information (“User Information”) about you to assist us in meeting your various needs or to better understand the requirements, profiles and experience of our site visitors. This information includes information that is collected if you choose to participate in a survey, if you ask to be kept updated about new developments or services offered by YES, or if you contact YES.
- You can visit this site without telling us who you are and without providing YES with any information about yourself. However, certain anonymous information (“Anonymous Information”) may be collected by us automatically. Our Web server may collect the IP address and the name of the Internet service provider (“ISP”) associated with the computer from which you accessed this site, the type and version of Web browser and operating system that you are using, and the address of the Web site that you visited prior to this site. If your Web browser is configured to accept cookies, we may place either temporary cookies (only until you exit your current browser window) or permanent cookies (until you manually disable or delete the cookie using your browser software) on your computer. A "cookie" is a small piece of information that our Web server automatically sends to your browser for storage on your computer, which then permits our Web server to recall information about your preferences as a part of the Anonymous Information. Please note that portions of this site will not function if you do not accept cookies.
- We do not knowingly solicit information from children and we do not knowingly market our services to minors.
- Registration Information is collected primarily for the purpose of identifying you as a user of this site. If you apply for an on line workshop we do collect certain personal information as identified in the application process for this workshop
- User Information, which generally includes the Registration Information, is used primarily to update you on the site and by email regarding new site developments and information about our services to answer your questions and to provide you with services that you have requested.
- User Information may also be used to determine appropriate new features, content or services for this site,.
- Anonymous Information is used primarily by us to measure the number of visits, average time spent, page views, and other statistics about visitors to this site. We may also use this data to monitor site performance for systems administration purposes, to make this site easier and more convenient to use, for law enforcement purposes.
- If cookies are enabled for your Internet browser, then they are used to help us measure the number of visits, average time spent, page views, and other statistics relating to your use of this site. If you are performing a search on our site, then a cookie is used to carry the search request data from the request page to the results page. This cookie, by itself, does not tell us your email address or who you are.
Communication with YES
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of the correspondence but we do not make any use of the email address or other contact information, other than to respond to the communication.
Improper Use of Personal Information
4. Retention of Information
- We maintain record retention practices and policies which apply to personal information that is no longer necessary or relevant for the identified purposes, or that is no longer required or permitted by law to be retained.
- All personal information destroyed or erased from our records is done so securely with due regard to the sensitivity of the information.
5. Your Consent
- We do not collect, use or disclose your personal information without your consent except where required or permitted by law.
- We may, for example, collect, use or disclose personal information without your knowledge or consent in the case of an emergency where the life, health or security of an individual is threatened.
- We may also disclose personal information without knowledge or consent to a lawyer or other advisor representing YES, to collect a debt, to comply with a subpoena, warrant or other court order or rules, is required for the investigation or enforcement of laws, or as may otherwise be required or authorized by law. Where a request for personal information is made by an organization claiming lawful authority for the request, YES will take reasonable steps to ensure that the requesting party properly identifies its legal authority.
- We will generally obtain your consent electronically on our site. However, it may also be obtained in writing or verbally. In determining the appropriate form of consent, we will consider the sensitivity of and reasonable expectations regarding the personal information.
You may withdraw your consent to the continued collection, use or disclosure of your personal information by YES at any time by sending an email to email@example.com or by calling 514 878 9788, but such a request would be subject to legal or contractual restrictions. We would also require reasonable advance notice to effect any requested changes.
- We will not sell, trade, rent or license personal information that you provide to us.
- YES uses third party service providers to process certain data, including credit card transactions if clients or others have subscribed for access to paid services such as the paid workshops. Third party service providers are required to comply with privacy laws and principles comparable to ours. All credit card transactions are completed using secure electronic encryption. Credit card data may be transmitted to third party data processing companies or servers located in the United States and are subject to United States laws regarding disclosure.
7. Access and Accuracy and Update of Personal Information
- We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is as accurate, complete and up-to-date as is appropriate for its purposes and to minimize the possibility that inappropriate information may be used to make a decision about you
- If you decide at any time that you do not want to receive any updates to which you have subscribed, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upon request made in writing, YES will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information, at minimal or no cost to you, in accordance with processes and procedures that we have put in place for such requests. If you are unsure whether we have a record containing your personal information and would like to confirm what personal information we have, please send an email to email@example.com with your request, identifying all email addresses which you may have given us. If there is a cost involved at all, we will inform you at that time.
- YES will respond to all requests for access within 30 days or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
- In some circumstances, we may not be able to provide access to all of the personal information that we hold about you. We may not provide access to information if doing so would likely reveal personal information about a third party, could be expected to threaten the life or security of an individual, reveal confidential commercial information, if the information is protected by a legally recognized privilege, if it was created as part of a settlement or dispute resolution process, or if it was collected in relation to the investigation of a breach of an agreement or a contravention of law. YES will provide reasons to you if it refuses an access request.
- An individual shall be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate.
- E-mails you send to us are not necessarily secure when they are transmitted to us. If your communication is sensitive or includes confidential information, such as a credit card number, you may want to provide it in person or via the telephone instead.
- YES has partnered with reputable third parties to offer our customers a variety of services. Many of these services also require registration to make them function properly. You can recognize most of these sites if you see both organizations' names on the Web page. For example, if you see a logo on the page that says "Powered by ", you are on a co-hosted site. We also have other third-party relationships, where the third party provides the technology or service under the YES name and Website. In either of these cases, unless otherwise indicated at the registration page, YES does not provide your Registration Information to its third party partners. Although we only work with reputable third parties, our third party partners may have different privacy policies and practices than YES. We encourage you to review our business partners' privacy policies further to understand their procedures for collecting, using and disclosing personal information.
- This site may contain links to other sites, including those of our business partners, vendors and advertisers. While we try to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, please understand that we are not responsible for the content of, or the privacy practices employed by, other sites.
- YES will make information about its policies and practices relating to management of personal information readily available. Please direct any questions about our privacy policies and procedures, any requests for access to our records of your personal information and any other privacy related concerns or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. All privacy related complaints will be acknowledged, recorded, investigated and responded to in accordance with applicable law.
- You can contact us by e-mail at Youth Employment Services, 666 Sherbrooke St. West, suite 700, Montreal, Quebec, H3A 1E7 or email@example.com.