Recognized Digital Consultant and Internet Entrepreneur
I remember very well when I was in your position, which was just a couple years ago. However, the difference between you and I is that I was not seeking any form of mentorship or coaching simply because I was solely depending on school to help me achieve my personal goals. Unfortunately, based on my experience, this is a mistake that the majority of students are committing and I am very happy to know that you are not following the same path.
Luckily, right after I finished my graduate program, I realized this mistake and started putting my time to better use. Despite working 60+ hours a week, I made sure that every second of free time was dedicated towards helping me build my future. I no longer wanted to depend on anyone to help me achieve my goals. I started reading allot more books on psychology, business, sales, health, etc. I also spent countless hours on YouTube trying to find some “golden nuggets”. And most importantly, I took massive action.
During this period, I built a Search Engine Optimization agency and left my job at Deloitte after obtaining my CPA-CA title. While working on several side projects, I came across SEO because I was trying to determine the most effective online client getting strategy. After several days of digging, I realized how invaluable this skill was for any business and started executing. I became very proficient in Ecommerce, Facebook Ads, Social Media and of course, SEO. I built several E-commerce stores, I was a solar panel affiliate and helped local businesses with their social media and search marketing while working at Deloitte.
To make a long story short, I ended up focusing on client SEO for numerous reasons. But the most important is the impact I make on the lives of these local business owners, their employees, and all of their families.
The point that I am trying to convey is that anything is possible if you put your mind to it and make the necessary sacrifices. No more excuses, no more excessive partying. Invest your time to build your future.
Below is a brief list of books (in no specific order) that I highly recommend:
• Managing Oneself – Peter Drucker
• The Lessons of History – Will and Ariel Durant
• Think and Grow Rich – Napoleon Hill
• Rich Dad, Poor Dad – Robert Kiyosaki
• The Selfish Gene – Richard Dawkins
• The Miracle Morning – Hal Elrod
• Awaken the Giant Within – Tony Robbins
• Salt, Sugar, Fat – Michael Moss
• Civilization and its Discontents – Sigmund Freud
• Michael Jordan: The Life – Roland Lazenby
• Elon Musk – Ashlee Vance
• Secrets of Closing the Sale – Zig Ziglar
• Influence – Robert Cialdini
• The Power of Habit – Charles Duhigg
• The Happiness Hypothesis – Jonathan Haidt
• Kon-Tiki – Thor Heyerdahl
• You can have an amazing memory – Dominic O’Brien