Learn@Lunch: Understanding Trademarks *online workshop*
Tuesday, September 1 // 12:30PM-1:30PM
Price: FREEThese free seminars are offered over lunch as a live webinar. Seasoned professionals and guest speakers will cover a wide range of topics pertinent to entrepreneurs.
To build your brand, you’ll invest countless hours and dollars into your product name, logo, design or slogan. But when you do, does that name, word or symbol really belong to you?
The world’s leading brands know that their marks - name, logo, slogan, design or even jingle - are invaluable assets and make sure to protect what’s theirs. They register them as trademarks, obtaining a kind of “brand insurance” for their intellectual property.
The McGill Legal Clinic will present the facts you need to protect your intellectual property affordably and learn answers to these common questions:
● Can I search on my own to find out if the mark I want to register is available?
● I used it first - doesn’t that make it mine?
● I registered/incorporated my business name. Doesn’t that make it legally mine?
● I registered my domain name. Doesn’t that mean I own the rights to it?
● How can I get increase my chances of my trademark application getting accepted?
Get the answers to these questions and more!
Pre-registration is required. Available as an online, live streaming webinar. Limited spaces available.
Once you have registered, you will receive an email with instructions on how to log on a few hours before the workshop.