Hire an Intern
Hire fresh, new talent and get a wage subsidy
Interested employers must send in a detailed job description and complete the application form.
CRITERIA FOR EMPLOYERS
• YES will reimburse the employer 50% of the hourly wages paid, to a maximum of $7.50 per hour worked
• The remaining wages as well as 100% eligible benefits will be paid by the participating employers
• All internships will be full-time positions of 30-40 hour per week as negotiated at the time of contract signing
• All positions must add to the value of the organization and be career related
• Internships must be related to the interns field of study and contribute directly to their professional development
• Positions can not be a result of a layoff, maternity or sick leave
• Candidate cannot be a current or previous employee of the organization
• Employers may be required to pass a credit check prior to intern placement
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS
Potential employers and candidates are required to complete an application form and provide additional documentation as required in order to establish eligibility. Once an appropriate match is made by our Internship Coordinator, you will be notified. Selection will be based on several criteria including the needs of both the employer and the intern.
• Interested candidates must submit a letter of intent and résumé and complete the Internship application available at the YES centre (666 Sherbrooke Street West, suite 700).
• Interested employers must send in a detailed job description and complete the application form.
• Potential employers and candidates may be required to provide additional documentation as required in order to establish eligibility.
• Selection will be based on several criteria including Employment and Social Development Canada's criteria and both employer and intern needs.
For more information, call us at 514-878-9788.
This program is in partnership with:
“…I really enjoyed going to the monthly conferences/meetings with other YES interns. I would recommend this program to anybody who is willing to improve and move one step forward in their careers!”
- Philippe D.
Terramont Real Estate Services Inc.
“The opportunity that YES gave me by being able to intern at Contactivity has been invaluable. I have learnt so much being here and have come to have a better understanding of what it is that I want to do in life… This has been an amazing learning experience for me both professionally and personally, and I wouldn’t change it for the world.”
“…The workshops were extremely well organized and helpful for many reasons. For one, it was nice to see that some of my peers were at the same point in their career as I was. Since we were all starting a new job it was extremely helpful to have us all together to brainstorm ideas…”
“…With the salary subsidy made possible through HRSDC, we were able to hire a 25-year old university graduate to make everyone’s life a bit easier. We thought of this hire as a chance to have “an extra body” around the place – someone to help fill in the many gaps in our coverage. What we hadn’t bargained on getting was a bright, articulate young person who proved herself to be an excellent team player, full of ideas and with excellent problem-solving skills. .. Versatility, a good general knowledge base, and sound reasoning ability were all part of the package deal. And added to that was the youthful enthusiasm and bright-eyed curiosity which delighted all our members and reminded us all of what it was like to be young… We feel the experience was a win-win situation.”
“After participating in the YES internship program for the first time, I was impressed by what the program has to offer many businesses as well as the interns. It’s a great tool for hiring new staff. YES provides many useful programs to facilitate the employee to integrate & to improve his/her skills in the workplace, but it also gives the employer some time to properly train the employee knowing their company will be compensated for a portion of the salary. It certainly encourages businesses and organizations to hire young and less experienced staff to gain experience so they may grow within the employment community…”
Terramont Real Estate Services Inc.